Some facts about Jever
The name Jever is often associated with the famous beer “Jever Pilsener” which has been brewed here since 1848. Jever is additionally known as a popular holiday resort.
Some facts and history about Jever:
- Granted city status in 1536
- Lady Maria was the last independent ruler of the city and the “Jeverland”
- The population of city is over 14.000
- Jever belongs to the district Friesland
- The largest and the highest building in Jever is the Frisian Brewhouse with its brewery towers to the height of 32 metres.
Popular places to visit in Jever:
- Jever castle with its museum
- Museum of the Fire Brigade
- The fountains
- Any of the five churches in Jever
- The Frishian Brewhouse: Created in 1848, which was a small brewery that time. It started to rise as a wellknown brand in like 1900 and it took its hometown's name as the brand in 1934.
- Brewery Museum
- Many monuments